It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these! With the whole full time job thaaang it’s gotten a bit more difficult to keep up with the old blog, but it’s nice to have as a creative outlet when I feel like pumping those writing juices.
1. So what exactly has been going on in my little little world? Besides awesome birthday surprises and anniversary cruisin’ we’ve been cooking up a storm! Every week Will and I are each responsible for one recipe, which has been a lifesaver since there’s noooo way I would be able to cook every night like I did when I wasn’t working. I’m so lucky that Will knows his way around the kitchen…and ENJOYS it! (At least that’s what he tells me! 😉 )
We’ve been making lots of tasty things, including Dashing Dish’s Pizza Pasta Bake—
Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas with homemade enchilada sauce! My first time ever making that 🙂
Pollo Saltado with Cauliflower Rice
and a turkey taco quinoa skillet, which I served in a casserole dish.
(By the way, the separate cheeses on a lot of these dishes are regular cheese for Will vs. dairy-free cheese for me. Once in a while dairy wont kill me, but too much of it makes my tummy pretty cranky.)
2. Late meetings for work have been picking up BIG time. At first I wasn’t sure how I was going to handle the spontaneous schedule, but I’ve come to appreciate the socializations of my job and the nice restaurants we are privileged to enjoy. We allllllllllll know Ruth Chris will probably never be on a credit card statement of mine, so I might as well soak it up while I can!
Also, most of the restaurants we frequent have beautiful qualities about them. I’ll take this gorgeous sunset view that Enzo’s On The Lake is sporting 😀
3. How accurate is this? Thanks Annette 😉
4. Our community group is still going strong! We love love love our Orlando group of friends. Before moving here, Will and I prayed so hard that we would find friendships that would support our interests and priorities, and the Lord has provided IMMENSELY in this area! I don’t know where I’d be without these folks 🙂
We meet every Tuesday, and share a meal together before some sort of organized discussion. Absolutely one of my favorite times of the week!
5. Don’t worry. Popcorn is still being treated like a prince.
Here he is in Will’s arms
in a pillowcase cover
and in pants.
It’s safe to say he’s not neglected.
6. Speaking of Will, he did his first teaching a few weeks ago at our church’s youth ministry! He spoke about adoption in the world, and how it’s a portrayal of the story of OUR adoption as sons and daughters of Christ. And DANG, how good-looking can a husband be? 😀
Aaaaand that’s all for now folks! I’ve been having computer issues (think 4 different laptops in 1 month…) so maybe once I get that squared away I’ll be back with some nicer photos.
Have a great weekend!
Any fun recipes you’ve made lately? What’s going on in your world?