Hey friends! How’s it going?
1. Things have been pretty darn busy these last couple of weeks– Will & I were spending most of our nights & weekends preparing for & planning a HUGE garage sale fundraiser for our adoption, which just took place this past weekend!
You guys.. the Lord SO had his hand over this event! Three weeks before our garage sale, Will and I looked at each other and said “What the heck are we going to sell!?” Little by little, it all started to come together as friends and strangers donated all types of items to us—from bedroom sets, to baby clothes, to pots and pans. We had so many different things! The night before the sale we had a garage FULL of items, 90% of which weren’t even ours!
On the day of the sale, we were also blown away by how many of our friends came out to help. My goodness… It was just one of those moments when you wonder how you managed to deserve to know so many fantastic people.
Our yard and driveway were FULL of stuff!
By the end of the day we ended up making just over $1,000! Praise God! We were blown away!
We really had no idea what to expect because we don’t live on a street that gets a lot of traffic, but it was amazing how people just kept showing up one after another. Popcorn also had a blast greeting all of our guests and we had several people ask how much he cost!
I said a million dollars 🙂
2. I spray painted this small oval mirror in our living room, and it made a WORLD of a difference. Before the mirror was a 70’s style gold-ish bronze. It really made the room look outdated, but I didn’t want to spend money on a replacement. I ended up settling on some $2.00 dark brown spray paint at Home Depot and called it a day.
Once the paint dried, I sanded the edges a bit to bring some of the gold coloring back through and am SO happy with how it came out. Without the sanding it still looked nice, but a little too much like it was dipped in chocolate 🙂
Now I think it looks great, if I do say so myself!
3. This sign that Kelley posted on Instagram. So encouraging & such truth!
4. We’ve been eating really good around here! Some of our recent favorites include these cilantro lime drumsticks—
Salmon with dill sauce & cauliflower rice–
Angela’s glowing lentil soup (SO good!!)
and a chicken + lime soup that I loosely based off of this recipe (minus the avocado because we didn’t have any 🙁 ) I’d never guess that chicken & lime would go well in soup together but hey, it strangely works!
5. This weekend we also went out to celebrate Will’s dad’s birthday at Kobe, his FAVORITE restaurant. It’s basically an unspoken tradition, if you didn’t notice already 🙂
Because Will’s birthday is at the end of May and his dad’s is in the beginning, we typically end up celebrating both birthdays while we are there. Gotta love them samurai hats 😉
6. My new job is going oh SO well! It’s been a huge blessing to transition out of a stressful environment into one full of flexibility, kindness and teamwork. I’ve almost been working there for three months now, and have already felt a world of difference. Will says that I left my last job just as much for him as I did for myself because of the stress that I brought home. Haha! No bueno!
Last week my new job surprised me with a delivery of flowers, just to say “thank you”. It’s all in the little things 🙂
And with that, I am done and ready for the weekend! Tonight Will & I are heading to a marriage Q&A at our church and are super excited! Tomorrow I’ll be photographing at a local mom’s event, and on Sunday morning we serve in the kids ministry. Sounds like a packed (but super fun!) weekend to me 😀
Make it a good one!
Any fun weekend plans? Have you ever had a garage sale?