1. I’m know I’m a week late, but how was everyone’s fourth of July!? Will and I went to an afternoon BBQ at our friends’ Jordan, Bri and Kaylas house for some great food, corn hole, and water balloons (we just watched that part 😉 ). We showed up in our finest red, white and blue attire (or pink, white, and blue in my case) with brownies in tow!
Around 4:00 PM we came home with the full intention of going out to see fireworks with our friends or Will’s dad, but after an hour of relaxing and thinking about all the crowds we would have to brave, we both voted for a night in watching fireworks outside our back door. The sound of a 9:30 PM bedtime didn’t hurt either 😀
2. Apparently my husband might have a future in gymnastics?
Prep the chicken in the morning and let it cook for about 8 hours in the slow cooker. Later in the evening, toss it in the oven to broil for a few minutes. Tada! Delicious “roasted” chicken with half of the effort!
We made this recipe a few weeks ago for the first time, then again when we had company over last week for dinner. Everyone raved about how moist it was, and how great the veggies that we threw in with it were too!
Oh, and it’s husband approved 😉
4. We finished decorating Popcorn’s room!
Okay okay, so it’s actually our “guest room” with a futon, but because we keep Popcorn’s crate in there we get a kick out of calling it his. Because of the desk it sometimes even makes the cut of being called “Popcorn’s study”. Boy oh boy, is that dog spoiled or what?
5. One of the most priceless things that Will and I have found since moving back to Orlando has been such a great sense of community. Thanks to our good friends Ben and Alana who welcomed us with open arms into their church family, Will and I quickly felt right at home and have been enjoying fun times full of game nights, home-remodeling parties, soccer (for Will), monthly girl nights (for me), and a great faith-building church.
When making the decision to move away from Miami, one of the hardest things was leaving our Calvary church family behind. It’s so amazing to see how God has not only provided such great community here, but we barely had to spend any time searching before we felt like we were being placed right in the center of His will.
(Shocked that 14 people fit into Alana & Ben’s cute apartment! Photo credit thanks to Alana 🙂 )
6. In case you were worried, don’t be. Plenty of Popcorn pictures are still being taken on the daily. Here are the current top 2 favorites:
Popcorn taking a selfie–
and Popcorn with his favorite bed, which he adjusted all by himself.
Have a great weekend!
Do you have a great community where you live? Did you do anything fun for July 4th?